Thursday, November 27, 2008


In the quietness of the early morning hours, I have been having a time of praise and worship with my Father, giving thanks to Him for all He has done...and thanking Him for your friendship. May you have a most blessed Thanksgiving! How I would love to write each of you a personal note, but there are just not enough hours in the day...


I am one who likes to have a "bit" of decoration around my house for the season we are in; thus, on one of my coffee tables are two pilgrim figurines. We have learned of the pilgrims since our early school days. How well I remember making the pilgrim hat and collar in elementary school!
The pilgrims came from England to find a new home in America because they did not want someone (namely the King of England) telling them how they should worship God and they didn't agree with some of the things the church was teaching. They had heard of America - a place where they could be free to live the way they wanted to live and believe what they wanted to believe without being punished for it. As I've pondered this thought over the years, I must admit I cannot imagine the cost of that decision...leaving behind their home, the majority of their belongings, their friends, their security....getting on a small ship to travel to place they had only heard about...a land where they would be strangers...but GOD was with them and helped them to live in this land and survive.


At our special Thanksgiving service last evening, Pastor Doug shared a video which opened with the word "pilgrim" and its definition - a traveler - one who journeys in a foreign land. I have been blessed by the Word this week as I've looked at different Scripture verses. You know what? I am a "pilgrim"... I am on a journey in this life. When I accepted Jesus as my Savior and He forgave me of my sins...I was made free. This world was no longer my home....and I am a stranger here. The Word says in Ephesians 3:20 "that our citizenship is in heaven and we eagerly await a Savior from there." Hebrews 13:14 tells us "For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come."


Yes, I am a "pilgrim" on a pilgrimage (a journey to a holy place!) ...are you too? Have a most blessed Thanksgiving....give Him thanks! In His Love, Suzi